Find out more at
The clinic provides a broad range of services including well-child care, pediatric dentistry, vision screening, women's health, and family counseling.
The Wheaton Chapter of the Infant Welfare Society of Chicago
1908- The Chicago Milk Commission was established to combat the consumption of unpasteurized milk.
1911- Volunteer nurses, physicians and women from throughout the city who worked at these stations formed The Infant Welfare Society of Chicago (IWS) and expanded their work to include infants exams and educating mothers about infant care.
1913- The Auxiliary of IWS was founded.
1950- IWS achieved national recognition for instituting a preschool program for emotionally disturbed children.
1957- The Wheaton Chapter was founded.
1970- IWS consolidated its operations into one facility located at 1931 North Halsted Street.
1972- IWS began offering dental care.
1991- Renovation doubles IWS's usable clinic space.
1995- Gynecological, prenatal, and general health services for women were combined into our Whole Women's Wellness model.
2005- IWS relocated to Logan Square and opened the doors of the Angel Harvey Infant Welfare Society of Chicago Community Health Center.
2017- IWS provides care for over 12,000 women and children each year. The Auxiliary remains strong with ten chapters and more than 750 members throughout the Chicago area.